What is 4th of July & Why do we celebrate 4th of July? 4th of July is an important date for Americans because Fourth of July is the “Independence Day of USA” and people love to celebrate this proud moment. If you want to know what is the 4th of July then please follow the article. On this day, the people of USA got freedom from the bondage of UK. On July 4, 1776, continental Congress voted to adopt the declaration of independence. This freed the 13 colonies from British rule and later these colonies will become the United States of America. Hope this will satisfy the answer to the question why we celebrate the 4th of July.
You May Also Like:
- Happy 4th of July Jokes | Funny 4th of July Images | Fourth of July Funny Pictures
- Happy 4th of July Messages 2017 – Patriotic, Inspirational & Funny Messages
- Happy 4th of July Wallpaper 2017 – Download Best Free 4th of July Backgrounds
What is 4th of July? A Brief History of the American Independence
If you want to know what is the meaning of the 4th of July? Then first you need to know about the significance of this day. This day is quite important for the people of USA. This day is like a birthday of USA. On 4 July 1776, the US adopted the declaration of independence and this freed the people of US from the British rule. This would be a better answer to question “what is the meaning of the 4th of July?” These 13 colonies fight for their freedom and this is called as American Revolution. The declaration of independence was written by Thomas Jefferson and a committee of four men which contains Ben Franklin, John Adams, Robert R. Livingston and Roger Sherman.
Why do we Celebrate Fourth of July
Now let’s talk about “what is the 4th of July celebration?” This day is celebrated because it represents the serving of ties between the original 13 colonies and Great Britain Rule. This also represents the core beliefs and identity of the citizen of United States. People on this day visit the public gatherings and enjoy the firework show in the evening. This is a public holiday and people enjoy this day with their families. You can also try a tour of USA to know “why do we celebrate 4th of July”.
Now let’s focus on what does the 4th of July celebrate, this day signifies the identity of the US people and that’s why they celebrate this day with grand celebration. If you are a non-American then you must visit America to get the answer to the question why do we celebrate July 4th. You will love to watch the traditional style of celebrating this day.
You May Also Check Out:
- Happy 4th of July Party Ideas 2017 – Top 5 July 4th Party Ideas For Celebration
- Happy 4th of July Wishes 2017 – US Independence Day Wishes | Fourth of July Wishes
- Happy 4th of July Coloring Pages 2017 – Free & Printable 4th of July Coloring Pages
Facts About 4th of July | Why do we Celebrate Independence Day on July 4th?
Here we have some interesting facts about Fourth of July and it completely reveals the answer to the question “why do we celebrate the 4th of July”.
- July 4th is Independence Day or also known as America’s birthday in the United States.
- We celebrate the 4th of July because it represents the day that America became separate from British rule.
- Under British rule, the Colonists were unhappy with the British government. They felt they were unfairly taxed and had no vote on the laws that affected them.
- The colonists decided to write a document announcing they were no longer part of the British government and they were going to be a new nation called the United States of America.
- This document is known as the Declaration of Independence.
- On July 4th, 1776 the Declaration of Independence was signed giving the United States independence from Great Britain.
- The first person to sign the Declaration of Independence was John Hancock.
- The Declaration of Independence was written on July 2nd, 1776.
- Thomas Jefferson is credited for writing the Declaration of Independence. However, the Committee of Five (Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Roger Sherman and Robert Livingston) were all involved with the final draft of the Declaration of Independence.
- The Declaration of Independence was signed by 56 men representing the 13 colonies.
- The 13 colonies were: New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- The Declaration of Independence was written during the American Revolutionary War (1775-1783).
- Did you know that when the United States gained independence the population of the country was around 2.5 million? Today the population is around 304 million.
- The first event celebrating the 4th of July at the Whitehouse was in 1801.
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national animal of the US but he was out voted and the bald eagle became the national animal.
American Independence Day Images, Pictures, Photos & Wallpapers
You may improve your knowledge of July 4th & Independence Day through this article. After reading above, now you understood that July 4th marks the birth of American independence. Make this 4th July celebration a little more special by sending warm 4th July ecards, greetings, comments, messages, poems and more. We have posted some images & pictures for American independent day 4th of July in form of Happy Birthday America Images and pictures. Share the American Independence day photographs with your friends and set them your profile display images so that other can see how patriotic you are for your nation. Enjoy this day with your family members and friends.
Happy Birthday, America!!
- Happy 4th of July Trivia 2017 – July 4th Trivia Questions And Answers
- Happy 4th of July Poems 2017 – Funny Poems | Poems For Kids & Adults
- Happy 4th of July Images 2017 – July 4th Images, Graphics For Facebook & Whatsapp
- Happy 4th of July Memes 2017 – Funny Fourth of July Memes Pictures, Photos, Images